Nothing beats coming home to a relaxing and comfortable chair after a long, hectic day at work. A recliner chair is specially designed to provide comfort and take your relaxation experience to the next level. Most chairs come with a massaging mechanism, which makes them great for relieving your body of stress and relaxing sore muscles. Some models incorporate a footrest and cup holders for your beverages.
Identifying the best sofa can be a challenge due to the large variety of options available. From the construction materials and frame to overall design, there are many factors you have to consider when searching for the ideal chair. With that in mind, we have reviewed the 10 best leather recliners to help get you started.
- 1 HomCom Massage Heated PU Leather 360 Degree Swivel Recliner Chair with Remote.
- 2 Tangkula Pu Leather Ergonomic Heated Massage Recliner Sofa Chair Deluxe Lounge Executive.
- 3 Relaxzen 60-425111 Leisure Recliner Chair with 8-Motor Massage & Heat.
- 4 Esright Massage Recliner Chair Heated PU Leather Ergonomic Lounge 360 Degree Swivel.
- 5 Prolounger Lya Brown Renu Leather Power Recline and Lift Wall Hugger Chair, Heavy Duty Steel Reclining Mechanism.
- 6 Best Choice Products Executive Swivel Massage Recliner w/ Control, 5 Heat & Massage Modes, 2 Cup Holders.
- 7 Space-Saving Zero-Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800 with yoga & heating therapy.
- 8 RELAXONCHAIR [MK-II PLUS] Full Body Zero Gravity Shiatsu Massage Chair with Built-In Heat and Air Massage System.
- 9 Homelegance Kellen Power Lift Bonded Leather Recliner.
- 10 Divano Roma Furniture Plush Bonded Leather Power Electric Recliner Living Room Chair.
- 10.1 How to Choose the Ideal Leather Recliner
- 10.1.1 Test the chair
- 10.1.2 Inspect every element of the chair
- 10.1.3 Size and weight of a recliner
- 10.1.4 Type of recliner
- 10.1.5 Consider different options
- 10.1.6 Benefits of a Leather Recliner
- 10.1.7 Hypoallergenic Properties
- 10.1.8 Beautiful appearance
- 10.1.9 Easy to maintain
- 10.1.10 Extra features
- 10.1.11 Disadvantages of Leather Recliners
- 10.1.12 Conclusion
- 10.1 How to Choose the Ideal Leather Recliner
A List Of the best leather recliners
RECLINE IN COMFORT AND STYLE: Not only relaxing, but also beautiful, the HomCom Heated Vibrating Massage Chair with Remote makes a stylish and comfortable addition to any living space.
HEATING FUNCTION BUILT-IN: A heating function in the waist area warms and soothes the body's aches and pains as you sit and recline, meaning that it's not only relaxing, but also beneficial to your overall well-being.
Sturdy Ergonomic seating
Beautiful finish with PU leather
Comfortsoft upholstery looks and feels like top-quality leather
8 vibration massage motors relax the upper back, mid back, thighs and calves
Relax in this wonderful chair with reclining, heating, massaging and vibrating features.
Relax in this wonderful chair with reclining, heating, massaging and vibrating features.
Arm height: 25 inches high * Seat: 19.5 inches high x 18 inches wide x 21.5 inches deep * Chair: 43 inches high x 35 inches wide x 37 inches deep
chair is 68 inches fully reclined, 41 inches from the back of the seat to the footrest, 28 inches from the seat to the top of the recliner * Assembly Required
Soft and padded PU leather has all the appeal of genuine-leather with the added bonus of easy cleanup
Attached controller manages alternation between massage intensity, heating, and (5) different modes
Newly designed easy to understand manual, 6 auto programs, auto timer button up to 30 minutes, upgraded to three levels zero gravity, Double layer shoulder airbags - Extra foot padding and double remote holder included as of 10/2017. Monthly Facebook Promotion for existing and new customer! Introducing LM-6800
L-Track massage system, 3 stages of Zero Gravity, Computer body scan technology scans your body to detect your body size for individual custom fit massage. Air massage technology covers entire body, LM-6800 has 6 different auto programs including special yoga stretching programs for full body stretching, dual foot rollers on the feet area, Space saving technology only requires 3 inches from the wall. Without this technology your arm will not get a decent massage.
redesigned & upgraded w/ one hand operation remote controller, gentle yet firm massage rollers, reduced airbag pressure for arm & calf - 4 automatic massage programs - 3 manual specific targeted massages(kneading, tapping, combo) - 3 levels of airbag intensity control - 3 massage speed control
THREE STAGE ULTRA AUTOMATIC ZERO GRAVITY MULTI-FUNCTION MASSAGE CHAIR: Zero gravity chairs elevate your feet to the same level as your heart, minimizing the strain of gravity on your vertebrae, relieving the discomfort of back pain. Your heart can work less and you can relax more.
Transitional style Reclining Chair features padded arm and channel tufted back
Ergonomic design supports your body shape for maximum comfort
Electrically powered recliner chair with top of the line motor for easy and quiet reclining mechanism
Bonded leather upholstered and overstuffed living room chair for maximum comfort
The HomCom Massage sofa is a reclining chair that offers the ultimate relaxation after a hectic day at work. It offers a premium massage experience, thus bringing you maximum comfort in your own living room. The chair is loaded with great features that make it perfect for relieving stress and pain in the neck and back.
It has an attached remote that allows you to operate the chair with ease to get outstanding performance. The vibrating and heating functions do a good job of improving circulation. They also make this chair ideal for sore and stiff muscles. There are five mode settings that allow you to choose a preset massage and get a customized experience. It includes two cup holders where you can rest your beverage while you relax.
- Features five mode settings for a customized experience
- Comes with an easy to use remote control
- Solid build with PU leather and a 360-degree swivel base
- Vibration and heating functions help improve circulation
- A little difficult to recline the back
If you are shopping for a top-rated leather recliner that offers a quality massage experience, the Tangkula PU Leather Ergonomic Heated Massage chair is worth considering. It is an ergonomic chair that comes with eight massage nodes, each of which has a heating option to give you the optimum relaxation experience. The chair also boasts a simple design, offering you beauty and practicality in a lightweight product.
There is a high quality sponge pad in the armrests, backrest and seat to provide extra comfort. Included are two cup holders, allowing you to stay hydrated as you unwind. The adjustable backrest reclines easily while the leg rest stretches outwards for a comfortable sitting position. The chair is beautifully finished with durable PU leather and features sturdy, ergonomic seating.
- Sturdy and ergonomic design
- Features 8 massage nodes with heating functionality
- Finished nicely with PU leather
- Comes with 2 cup holders for your beverages
- Constant rotation of the chair may result in stripping and cutting of some wires
While it doesn’t offer premium features, the Relaxzen 60-425111 is a very comfortable recliner that provides relaxing massages. One of the main selling points is its price. You can swivel around, recline yourself to different positions and even change the height of the chair. Even at a low price, you get 8 massage motors with a lumbar heating option.
There are 9 built-in massage programs, each with 5 intensity levels. This allows you to target specific areas of the body, hence a more customized experience. The lumbar heating feature is a welcome addition, especially in winter. The remote control is easy to use, even for an old fogey who doesn’t understand much about technology. Additional features include soft upholstery, a footrest and weight capacity of 300 pounds.
- 9 pre-programmed modes with 5 intensity levels
- Can rotate up to 360 degrees
- Comes with 8 vibrating massage nodes
- Affordable price tag
- Not made of genuine leather
- Doesn’t offer fancy functions like air bag or shiatsu massage
The Esright Massage Chair is a low priced leather recliner that comes in 3 colors. It is a perfect investment for users in any setting. The chair is finished with soft PU leather and cushions the body well , particularly when the heating function is activated. The company designed this chair with thick padding to provide added cushioning and comfort.
Highlights include five control modes, all of which allow for two intensity levels. The included remote control provides a sense of familiarity with its user-friendly interface. What sets this chair apart from the similarly priced models is the four storage bags and two cup holders. This isn’t a power recliner but you can recline the back and move the footrest by using the cord between the right armrest and cushion on the seat.
- Premium feel and available in three colors : black, brown and cream
- Reclines 150-degrees and swivels 360-degrees
- Comes with user-friendly remote control
- Offers five control modes and two intensity levels
- There were complaints that the leg extension part needs additional effort to stay down
The Prolounger Lya Brown Renu Leather Power Recliner is an incredible chair that makes getting out of it very easy. It boasts a wall hugger design that reduces the amount of clearance needed to 4 inches. What makes it incredibly popular among consumers is that it is easy to operate. It is very quiet as it lifts and reclines smoothly with the included power controls.
There is a very convenient pocket for storing small essentials. At 43” x 35” x 37”, this chair is spacious and it’s no surprise that it can hold up to 300 lbs. All of the cushioning is made from high density foam and the included remote control allows for easy operation. The frame of this chair is made from laminated hardwood and features a heavy duty steel reclining mechanism.
- Assembles in as little as 10 minutes
- Capable of handling up to 300 lbs.
- Wall hugger design means it only requires 4” of clearance space
- Covered with Renu leather
- Lacks massage or heat functionality
The Best Choice Products Executive Swivel Massage Recliner boasts soft, padded and easy-to-clean PU leather upholstery. With the ability to manage the intensity and heating as well as choose from 5 modes, it is clear that this chair was designed to provide maximum relaxation.
The heating and vibration mechanism allows you to target different parts of the body including upper back, lower back, thighs and feet. This chair also comes with 2 cup holders on each armrest and 4 storage pockets for your essentials.
- Manages heating, massage intensity and five different modes
- User-friendly remote control
- Plenty of storage options
- Simple and compact design
- Offers versatile comfort
- There have been reports of broken seams
The Kahuna LM6800 Zero-Gravity Massage Chair is a one of a kind recliner that offers both zero-gravity positioning and shiatsu massage. Recently upgraded for 2017, this chair offers all-over body care and is backed by a stellar warranty. Highlights include space saving technology and heat massage therapy.
The chair comes with 6 built-in automatic massage programs including a special Yoga program that allows your muscles to stretch. The inclusion of a space saving design means that this chair requires less than 4” clearance space. You can target five different parts of the body and the dual foot rollers can be removed for easy cleaning. This chair uses L-track massage system to decompress the spine and improve the efficiency of a massage.
- Comes with 36 airbags for full-body massage
- Has 3D body scanning technology
- Heating pad has vibration capabilities
- Extendable footrest allows for height customization
- Foot rollers can be a bit intense should you have sensitive feet
Another top-rated recliner is the Relaxonchair MK-II Plus, an off-brand product with plenty to offer at the low end of the price spectrum. Being an L-track massage chair, you can rest assured that it provides the longest strokes. It also determines the contours of your body using the computerized body scan feature for a personalized massage.
You can customize individual sessions by utilizing any of the 3 massage speed and intensity controls. There are three manual massage programs and three automatic programs. This chair also supports Spinal Decompression and is equipped with a calf/foot massager. Additional features include three zero gravity positions, 3 year warranty and heat therapy.
- Uses an L-track massage system
- Comes with 3D computerized body scanning technology
- Fully equipped with foot and calf massager
- Supports spinal decompression
- Not a space saver leather recliner
The Homelegance 8545-1LT Recliner Chair boasts durable construction with a sturdy frame and bonded leather upholstery. It comes fully equipped with a lift and recline feature. The chair is capable of holding up to 300 lbs., which is more than most low-budget chairs can handle. It uses a sturdy steel powered lifting technology and has padded armrests for added comfort. The cushioned back and tufted design also help add comfort by soothing the back of the user.
- Classy finish with 100% bonded leather upholstery
- Equipped with lift and recline technology
- Padded arms, cushioned back and tufted design for comfort
- Lacks massage function
Concluding our list for best recliners is the Divano Roma Furniture Leather Chair, which has plenty of features to help you relax after a long day. Highlights include bonded leather upholstery that is soft and durable. The lever function makes it easy for the chair to fully recline and enhance your comfort.
Also featured are plush overstuffed padded seat, back and armrests. These help provide unrivaled comfort. The chair requires minor assembly, which shouldn’t be a problem thanks to the provided instruction manual.
- Fully reclines to give you enhanced comfort
- Stuffed padded seat, back and armrests
- Well priced
- Lacks storage options
How to Choose the Ideal Leather Recliner
There are several factors to consider to ensure you purchase the right leather recliner. In addition to budget, you have to consider the overall build quality, comfort and functionality of the chair.Go here for recliner reviews
Test the chair
It’s always a good idea to test a product before buying it. Sit on the chair and determine whether it is comfortable enough for you. The overall comfort of a chair is incredibly important and most stores will allow you to test out your chair by simply sitting on it. This won’t be possible when shopping online but the customer reviews will give you a good idea of how comfortable specific recliners are.
Inspect every element of the chair
The next thing you will need to do is inspect every element of the chair you want to purchase. Make sure you inspect the frame to make sure it’s solidly built with a durable material and decent parts. In the same way people used to kick the tires of a car before purchase, you can check the underside of your recliner to ensure that the frame will hold.
Size and weight of a recliner
If you are going to do any kind of moving, the last thing you want to do is lug around a 250+ pound chair. It’s important to note that a solidly built recliner doesn’t have to be overly heavy.
Type of recliner
There are many types of chairs available on the market. From loveseats and sectionals to rockers and sofas, you are spoilt for choice. Whether you like to rock back and forth, kick your feet up after a long day or simply want something that can be transported easily; you can rest assured that the market has what you need. Just make sure that the sofa you purchase offers all the functionality you’re looking for.
Consider different options
It is important to remember that the local furniture store isn’t the only place to look. With an influx of online stores, you have access to almost every product sold in the world. You also have to consider that with products sold in local stores, you don’t get to see their reviews in real time. This is something you can achieve if you shop for furniture online.
Benefits of a Leather Recliner
There are many benefits that accrue as a result of investing in a leather chair. Some of them include :
One of the main reasons why many homeowners prefer leather chairs over other types of recliners is that they are hypoallergenic. If you have a cat that likes to roam around the house or if you suffer from allergies, then you certainly know what a stuffy nose feels like. The main problem with textile sofas is that they absorb all the pollen's and dust floating in the air. Leather is the complete opposite in that it doesn’t absorb any of these particles .
Let’s face it – a leather chair looks way better and more professional as compared to textile recliners. Maybe this has to do with the shine of leather, which gives your recliner some kind of a glow. The professional appearance of leather recliners is the main reason why many professionals use them in offices.
Easy to maintain
Whether you have kids or pets, you will find that a leatherchair is extremely easy to take care of, whereas, textile recliners are easily stained and cleaning them is an utter pain.
Innovative technology and additional features like cup holders are far more common in leather recliners than in fabric chairs. This is because fabric recliners are more susceptible to fires in case of faulty wiring. Their susceptibility to staining also makes cup holders on textile recliners a bad idea.
Disadvantages of Leather Recliners
Like everything, leather recliners aren’t without their own shortcomings. The following are some of the downsides associated with leather chair :
- Surface area scratches easily: This is something you will soon come to realize, especially if you have kids or cats running around the house.
- Leather feels cold: If you live in an area that experiences harsh winters, sitting on a leather recliner will not feel comfortable at all. You can invest in a chair with heating function to curb this problem.
- Few color options: Leather recliners aren’t as colorful as some homeowners might want them to be. The main color options are pretty basic i.e. black and brown.
- Costly: Due to the manufacturing costs and material used, leather recliners tend to be costly compared to their fabric counterparts.
Leather furniture can add a modicum of elegance in your home or office space. The best pieces are designed to offer maximum comfort and functionality without breaking the bank. The above reviewed leather sofas are popular not only for their elegant and classic design but also the comfort they provide. They are a good place to start if you are looking for the best leather recliner for your home or office.