It is easy to get overwhelmed considering the fast-paced nature of the world we live in. That said, it is important that one find some time to take a break from everything and recharge. What better way to achieve that than a relaxing massage. It will relieve the tension, pain, and stress from your body. A massage also offers other health benefits like improved blood circulation, promoting sleep and reducing blood pressure. And while you can get a massage at the spa, there is always the option of purchasing your own massager.
Massagers come in many varieties depending on the target area and other factors. Different types include handheld massagers, neck massagers, percussion massagers, vibration massagers, back massagers and electric massagers just to name a few. In this post, we review the best massagers based on type and brand to help you make an informed choice.
Zyllion ZMA13BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager
FDA cleared HealthmateForever YK15AB TENS unit Electronic Pulse Massager
HealthmateForever 15 modes TENS unit | Pain Management
Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager Foot Massager with Heat Deep Kneading Massage
Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Electric Massager
Pure-Wave CM7 by Pado Cordless Massager Body plus Facial
FIVE S Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager with Heat, Beige
Gideon8482; Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage Pillow
Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager with Switchable Heat Function
FIVE S FS8812 10-Motor Vibration Massage Seat Cushion
- 1 Zyllion ZMA13BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat for Back, Neck, Shoulders (Black)
- 2 FDA cleared HealthmateForever YK15AB TENS unit Electronic Pulse Massager Tennis Elbow,Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- 3 HealthmateForever 15 modes TENS unit | Pain Management | Facilitate Muscle Performance | Rechargeable | 4 Outputs&Dual Channels | Modes on Buttons | Lifetime Warranty | YK15RC
- 4 Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager Foot Massager with Heat Deep Kneading Massage for Neck, Back, Shoulder, Legs and Foot, Use at Home, Car, Office
- 5 Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Electric Massager for Muscle, Back, Neck, Shoulder, Full Body Pain Relief, Perfect Gifts, by Brand used by Professionals #04290-300
- 6 Pure-Wave CM7 by Pado Cordless Massager Body plus Facial (Dual Mode) for Foot, Legs, Neck, Back, Shoulders
- 7 FIVE S Shiatsu Neck and Back Massager with Heat, Beige
- 8 Gideon8482; Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage Pillow with Heat/Massage, Relax, Sooth and Relieve Neck, Shoulder and Back Pain (Gray)
- 9 Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager with Switchable Heat Function, Delivers Deep-Kneading Massage Relief for Tired Muscles and Plantar Fasciitis
- 10 FIVE S FS8812 10-Motor Vibration Massage Seat Cushion with Heat - Neck - Shoulder - Back & Thigh Massager with Heat (Black)
Zyllion ZMA13BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager with Heat for Back, Neck, Shoulders (Black)
The Zyllion ZMA13BK is a massage pillow that delivers a relaxing shiatsu massage anywhere and anytime. It is an excellent investment for someone who needs a massage cushion just for the neck. The pillow only weighs four pounds and makes a great companion during long travels.
This device comes with a built-in infrared heating function that helps relax your muscles and stimulate blood flow. What’s even better is that even with this function, you will not have to worry about the device blowing up thanks to the overheat protection. This innovation automatically shuts down the massager after twenty minutes.
The Zyllion ZMA13BK also boasts an ergonomic design and will conform to almost any part of the body. It is 2.4 inches thick, which is perfect for preventing backaches. The adjustable strap makes it easy to attach your massager to almost any chair or car seat.
You will certainly appreciate the fabric of the pillow. It is enclosed in smooth leatherette that feels soft against the skin. This massager uses four deep-kneading Shiatsu massage nodes, which automatically change rotation direction every minute.
- Comes with adjustable strap for securing the massager to car seats and chairs
- Has a built-in heating function to promote blood circulation
- Fitted with an overheat protection device
- Covered with soft leatherette
- Ergonomically designed with smooth body
- Takes a while to heat up
FDA cleared HealthmateForever YK15AB TENS unit Electronic Pulse Massager Tennis Elbow,Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The HealthMate Forever YK15AB Electronic Pulse boasts a great feature combination that includes an LCD backlit screen for easy viewing. There are 15 built-in modes as well as 20 intensity levels that allow you to create a customized experience. You can adjust the massage to suit specific needs and if you are used to muscle therapy, you’ll appreciate the fact that this device is very powerful.
The YK15AB massager utilizes eight sticky pads that transfer an equal amount of strength to different parts of the body simultaneously. You have the freedom to adjust the speed of your massage thanks to 9 auto simulation programs as well as 6 massage settings.
Another factor that makes it easy to love this pulse massager is that it is easy to control. It comes with 17 labeled buttons that allow you to select target area, adjust the timing and choose the massage type. The small and compact design of this massager makes it portable, hence a great investment for someone who is always on the road.
- Shuts down automatically after 80 minutes
- Has a speed button to decrease 7 levels of intensity for your comfort
- Offers 20 intensity levels and 15 pre-programmed modes
- Super compact and great for travel
- Powered by AAA batteries and not rechargeable
This Digital Pulse Massager Machine utilizes EMS and TENS stimulation techniques to provide a rejuvenating massage therapy. Equipped with six different massage nodes, this device ticks all the boxes to ensure that your tension is eased away. There are four lead wires with one output, making it easy to use two more pads with the device. It is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery with a 10-hour runtime.
It allows for 20 levels of intensity, hence a personalized experience. Also notable is that the Healthmate Forever HM8L comes with eight preprogrammed massage modes like Acupuncture, Tuina (Push and Pull), Tapping, Cupping, Foot, Back, Leg and combined. The timer can be adjusted to 10-60 minute sessions depending on specific needs. Controlling the different functions is easy thanks to the integrated buttons and backlit LCD screen.
- Four lead wires allow for use of four pads with a single output
- Comes with eight preprogrammed modes in a flower design for customized massage
- Timer is adjustable and allows for 10-60 minute sessions
- Powered by lithium-ion battery with 10-hour runtime
- Has 20 levels of adjustable strength
- LCD screen dims after a while
- Small size of device makes use of buttons difficult for some
Naipo Shiatsu Back and Neck Massager Foot Massager with Heat Deep Kneading Massage for Neck, Back, Shoulder, Legs and Foot, Use at Home, Car, Office
The Naipo Shiatsu Back Neck and Shoulder Massager is a top contender for best neck massagers. Equipped with eight rotating massage nodes that are strategically distributed across the strap, you can be sure that your tired and aching muscles will receive the rejuvenation they need. The device has built-in infrared heat function that warms the muscles, tendons, and ligaments to promote blood circulation.
Like most neck massagers, this one has an auto shut-off feature that shuts down the massager after a 15-minute session. The massage nodes are bi-directional, meaning that they can rotate either clockwise or anticlockwise. Perhaps the best thing about this device is the arm slings. You can increase the pressure of your massage by pulling down the slings with your arms.
Also notable is that the Naipo Shiatsu Back, Neck and Shoulder Massager allows for three-speed settings to suit different needs. The exterior fabric does a good job of protecting the interior components and can be removed for safe cleaning. At 4 pounds, traveling or using this device in the car will not be cumbersome.
- Equipped with 8 massage nodes
- Delivers a deep tissue shiatsu massage
- Automatically powers off after 15 minutes to prevent overheating
- Built-in heat function promotes relaxation and blood circulation
- Rollers have been known to stop being effective after several months
Wahl Deep Tissue Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Electric Massager for Muscle, Back, Neck, Shoulder, Full Body Pain Relief, Perfect Gifts, by Brand used by Professionals #04290-300
If you are shopping for a deep percussion massager, the Wahl 4290-300 is a good contender. Highlights include four massage nodes that do a great job of stimulating the muscles and delivering a relaxing massage experience. Each of the heads can be used to customize your experience. The device has a four finger attachment head that is specially designed to stimulate hand movements of a real-life masseuse.
Also included is an acupoint massage head delivers a deep tissue massage. It has a narrow tip, which comes when you need to target specific pressure points in your muscles. The wide flat disc targets larger areas of the body and comes handy when you need to rejuvenate the back or legs. It is particularly good for massaging the soles of your feet since it doesn’t apply too much pressure on a single spot.
Another notable feature is the powerful motor, which can produce up to 3350 pulses per minute to deliver the rough massage you want. The ability to adjust the massage intensity makes it easier to create a customized experience.
- Very easy to operate
- Effectively delivers a deep tissue massage
- Can be used to target different parts of the body
- Allows for speed and intensity adjustment
- Considerably bulkier than other percussion massagers
Pure-Wave CM7 by Pado Cordless Massager Body plus Facial (Dual Mode) for Foot, Legs, Neck, Back, Shoulders
Another great percussion massager is the Pure-Wave CM-7, which boasts a flawless innovative design with great features. Highlights include multiple massage tips, cordless reach design and powerful motor. The device comes with three massage tips i.e. acupressure, shiatsu deep tissue and Swedish massages. These massage heads ensure a thorough massage on any part of the body. The handle features built-in dual mode facial vibration.
The Body Oil Massage Stick allows you to apply your favorite cream. You can use the stick in vibration or percussion mode. The scalp massage stick comes handy for scalp massages while the facial massage stick helps you apply your daily cream and relax your muscles after a long day.
Also notable is that handle has an inbuilt dual mode facial vibration. This massager comes with a powerful motor that massages your muscles to the proverbial heaven. Its compact and portable design make it easy for you to travel with the device. The massager is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that has a long runtime of 180 minutes or up to two weeks of minimal use.
- High-speed percussion massager capable of producing up to 3700 pulses per minute
- Offers repetitive acute percussion therapy o relax your muscles
- Comes with rechargeable battery that allows for 180 minutes of continuous use
- Easy for your finger to pinched between the attachment and body
The Five S FS8801 is a great massager for someone who suffers from chronic pain in the shoulders, neck and back areas. It will work miracles on the sore spots thanks to the two massage options it offers. You have the freedom to create a custom massage experience by adjusting the intensity and repositioning the rollers.
This massage is bi-directional, meaning that is capable of massaging in two directions when need be. All you have to do is press a button and choose the direction of the massage. The pressure of the massage will vary depending on the direction of the rotating balls. It is important to note that the rotating balls are of different sizes and as such, your massage feels more human.
Operating this massager is very easy as it has one button to turn the heat on and off. There are eight kneading rollers that deliver a relaxing massage. The handles are what you use to adjust pressure and the automatic shutdown system allows for 10-minute sessions.
- Offers two massage directions
- Strong enough to relieve pressure
- Heating function that boosts your experience
- Backed by 3-year warranty
- Abrasive cover is a little rough on the skin
Gideon8482; Shiatsu Deep Kneading Massage Pillow with Heat/Massage, Relax, Sooth and Relieve Neck, Shoulder and Back Pain (Gray)
This is a strong choice for someone who suffers from shoulder pains. It is controlled using a switch that's located halfway down the power cord. While it needs to be plugged into the wall, the compact size of this massager makes it a great companion during travels. The device uses four rotating massage nodes to penetrate deep into the muscles and ease away the tension. The 3D counter rotating balls are specially designed to mimic vigorous penetration and penetration of a real-life masseuse.
You can easily position this pillow anywhere on the neck, shoulders or back to target sore muscles. Another way of customizing your experience involves adjusting the pressure, which can be achieved by pressing against it. The rollers are bidirectional and rotate either clockwise or anticlockwise depending on your needs. It has a stretchable strap that allows you to secure the massager to a chair.
- Uses four rotating massage nodes
- Easy to use for those with reduced arm strength or mobility
- Corded hand control allows you to customize your experience
- Specially designed 3D rotating balls mimic the work of a real-life massage
- Has a limited rotation area
Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager with Switchable Heat Function, Delivers Deep-Kneading Massage Relief for Tired Muscles and Plantar Fasciitis
The Belmint Shiatsu Foot Massager is designed to give a relaxing and therapeutic massage while saving you a considerable amount of money. It massages the soles of your feet with pressure and heating, thus improving blood circulation. Highlights include an inbuilt heat function to apply soothing warmth to your sore feet. This function operates independently and the presence of the overheat protection ensures that the motor automatically shuts down to prevent damage to the unit.
You can create a custom experience thanks to the five preprogrammed distinct modes. They include gentle rolling paired up with pressure, faster rolling with more intense pressure as well as bottom rolling only. Our favorite feature of this device is that it comes with 48 massage rollers, which provide a deep tissue shiatsu kneading massage. They work wonders to relieve knots, aches and muscle tension.
- Deep kneading shiatsu massage for the bottom of the feet
- Has a selectable heat function for soothing warmth
- Allows for 5 different pressure levels
- Comes with 15-minute shut-off timer
- Ideal for up to size 12 feet
- A little loud
FIVE S FS8812 10-Motor Vibration Massage Seat Cushion with Heat - Neck - Shoulder - Back & Thigh Massager with Heat (Black)
The best thing about the Five Star Vibrating Massage Seat Cushion is that it doesn’t require you to hold anything. It is your best bet if you want the ultimate relaxation. This is a good investment for someone who spends a lot of time in a vehicle or just wants to add to their favorite lazy chair. Highlights include ten vibrating motors that do a great job of soothing the back, neck, shoulders, and thighs. There is an integrated heating function for the lower back area that provides soothing warmth.
This cushion is hand controlled and comes with four built-in massage programs. Combined with the three massage speeds, they make it easy to personalize your sessions. You can choose to activate a specific program or let the device cycle through all of them automatically. The heat function is controlled independently and this unit is backed by a three-year warranty. Also notable is the fact that this massager targets four zones individually or simultaneously. The auto shut-off feature shuts down the device after 30 minutes, thus guaranteeing your safety and preventing overheating.
- Can target four different zones
- Has 3 massage speeds and four programs for custom session
- Soothing heat for the lower back
- Easy to control with handheld microprocessor
- Uses 10 vibration motors strategically spread across the pressure points
- Doesn’t offer deep tissue, kneading or shiatsu massage
Massagers come in different types to cater to specific needs. Some are designed for full body massages while others target specific parts of the body e.g. neck, feet, back, shoulders, neck etc. they incorporate different technologies and features to achieve the desired results.
For instance, massage pillows often have bi-directional rollers for deep tissue massages while handheld massagers come with multiple heads to target different parts of the body. Regardless of what your needs are, you can rest assured that there is something for you.
We hope our reviews based on massager type and brand have given you a better insight and made it easier to decide what product to choose.